以前、インスタグラム上のコメントが話題になった、人気フィットネススターのアナ・ヴィクトリアさん。彼女に対して、ファンである16歳の少女が、"あなたの体を見ていると、自分の自信が少しずつ崩れていくようです"というメッセージを送ったところ、彼女はすっぴんに起き抜けの髪の自撮り写真と説明文を投稿。これに多くの人々が感動し、一夜にして2万件を超える「いいね!」と500件を超えるコメントが集まったのだとか。その経緯を、コスモポリタン アメリカ版から。

のんびり座って自撮り。メイクなし、髪の毛はそのまま、ポーズもなし(そして凹凸もなし)。私がこの写真をシェアしているのは、自分がみっともないからでもないし、お腹にぜい肉がついているからでも、セルライトがあるからでもない。そういうことはすべて悪いことでも、不完全なことでもない。いたって普通のこと。
私がこんな写真を投稿したのは、ある16歳の女の子からメールをもらったから。彼女は、フォローしている人の中で私だけが自分に自信を与えてくれたけど、完璧な体を見ているうちに、だんだん自分と比べ始め、自分の体に焦りを感じるようになった、と書いてた。私は、SNSが若い女の子たちの自尊心に与える強い影響が、とても気になってる。こういう何気ない、作り込んでいない写真を載せることで若い女の子たち(または男性、または誰でも!)が少しでも自分を肯定できるなら、私は喜んでそうする。これを見て、"別に何でもないじゃない?"と言う人もいるかもしれない。もしこれがあなたの心に特に響かないなら、それはそれでOK。ただ、自分がそこに込められたメッセージを理解できないからって、安易に否定するのではなく、これによって救われる人たちがいることを考えてみて欲しい。
私たちの不安を煽って商売をするような世の中に反抗し、自分を愛しましょう。自分を丸ごと愛して、人間的であることやもがいていることを恥じず、そう、自分の排泄物さえ愛しましょう!(笑) もっと多くの女の子に、自分に深い自信を持ち、自分をすみからすみまで愛して、それを世の中に向かって叫んで欲しい。自信を持った強い女性に"なってもいい"んじゃなくて、"そうなること"が必要なの。

もっとも、ヴィクトリアさんが自分をさらして"普通"の姿を見せたのはこれが初めてではないよう。以下の投稿では、つい飲み過ぎてお腹ぽっこりになった自分の写真をアップ。

If you're really going to love yourself, you have to do it through the good, the bad, and the eh. These last few weeks have been a roller coaster for me with traveling and moving and I've done my best but my "best" right now doesn't come close to my usual effort. Knowing that can be frustrating and it's just as easy, if not easier, to just throw in the towel knowing this moment in life isn't allowing me to be as consistent as I normally would be. But don't take the easy way out. Even if you've lost progress, even if you feel bloated from a few days of less than great eating...in times like these, I often think of the quote, "Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other three tires just because of one flat". I wanted to share this photo not because I'm excited about how I look (I'm not mad, either but I have definitely lost progress, especially since the wedding) but because even if I've been less than perfect in my workouts/meals, I'm not going to let that get in my way. I'm not giving up. So if I'm not, then you can't either 😉 #realtalk #fbggirls #lovingmyselfthroughtheeh #noposing #nospraytaneither 😝 www.annavictoria.com/guides

A post shared by Snapchat: AnnaVictoriaFit (@annavictoria) on

この写真をシェアしようと思ったのは、私がすごくよく写ってる(頭がおかしくなったわけじゃないわよ。でも、結婚式から完全に停滞してるの…)からではなく、自分のワークアウトや食事を完璧にやり遂げられなかったからって、自分に負けないことを示したかったから。だから、あなたもね。

食事前と食事後! ほとんどの人は左の写真しか見ることはないだろうけど、私はすごくむくみやすくて、健康的な食べ物を食べても、すぐに妊娠4カ月のお腹みたいになっちゃう。この写真をシェアしたのは、そういう人は思っているより多いものだし、あなただけではないということを分かって欲しかったから。

また、彼女は決して健康的とは言えない、おいしそうなものを食べている写真もアップ。

THE VACATION MOMENTS YOU DON'T SEE 🙈🎂 Many of you know how I aim to achieve an 80/20 lifestyle balance which means I eat healthy 80% of the time and ensure I'm making my health a priority, then I enjoy myself/indulge the other 20%. While on vacation or traveling however, I find a 50/50 approach is more realistic for a few reasons. A. If you're on vacation, you SHOULD enjoy yourself!! While I am a trainer and a fitness professional, I will tell you flat out I don't believe in making your life revolve around fitness, it's just not realistic for the majority of us. Go out with friends! Enjoy holidays with your family! And most importantly, don't guilt yourself for it which leads me to my other reason, B. If you try to eat perfectly while on vacation or traveling, chances are somewhere along the line you're going to get thrown off and then that leads to guilt and upset and potential all out binges. Just be realistic from the beginning, KNOW that it's okay to enjoy yourself and also know that some indulgence can actually be good for you (prolonged periods of "dieting" = increased cortisol which is the stress hormone that causes your body to hold onto fat.) 50/50 allows you to enjoy your vacay without going totally off track so you get the best of both worlds. That's what a sustainable lifestyle change is all about, so kick up your feet every once in a while and allow yourself to enjoy life (then get right back to kicking booty as soon as you're back home)! 😊😘 #fbggirls www.annavictoria.com/guides

A post shared by Snapchat: AnnaVictoriaFit (@annavictoria) on

旅行中の1枚! 多くの人がご存じのとおり、私は普段の生活の80%は健康的な食事をして、残りの20%で好きなものを楽しんでいます。健康を最優先しているからだけど、旅行中は別。食事の割合を50/50にして、楽しまなきゃ! 健康にこだわりすぎるのは現実的じゃないし、人生を楽しめなくなる。続けられるバランスで、健康を保ちながら自分の人生を楽しんで。

そして結婚式直前。ヴィクトリアさんいわく"人生で1番いい体型"になったと感じたとき、彼女はある写真を投稿。それは、リラックスして座った姿勢を横から撮ったもので、多くの人と同じように、ヴィクトリアさんのお腹にもぜい肉が。

左が結婚式前日の写真で、右がその…2分後に撮った写真! 角度によって見え方は違うんだから、わざわざ悪い方ばかり気にする必要ない!

でも、完璧なものは人々の関心を集めやすいので、誰もが彼女と同じような写真を披露しようとは思わないはず。つまり、自分が1番良く見える写真を投稿することに夢中だから、それが個々人に与える影響が見えなくなってしまいがち。

この流れに対抗しようとしているのがヴィクトリアさん。でも、もちろん時には最高の自撮り写真もアップ。

女性の皆さん、うまい言い訳を考えるより、強い意志を持ちましょう!

今ヴィクトリアさんは、人々がありのままの写真をSNSに載せることを呼びかけ、1人1人が自分を受け入れるための道を模索中。「自分を愛し、自信を持って」という彼女のメッセージは、すべての人々に向けられています。

※この翻訳は、抄訳です。

Translation:mayuko akimoto

COSMOPOLITAN US